Sunday, September 6, 2009

she can fly she can fly she can fly


The other day Avery and I are walking into Sams Club. She points up to the store's sign on the front of the building and says "Birds!"
I look up, and, sure enough, there are 5 or 6 pigeons hanging out up there. I say, "Yeah! Look at those birds!"
Avery then says (very matter-of-factly, I might add) "I want to touch it."
I laugh and say, "You can't touch the birds. They are too high."
She thinks about it for a second and then says, "Fly."
"Yes, they can fly!" I say, super proud of my lil girl (the smartest child in the Universe).

"No, I fly."

Time to stop watching Peter Pan or one day soon I might catch her trying to jump off of the roof with a teddy bear and a top hat.

2 comments:

The Waldon Family said...

Hahaha, Avery is really cute. I also like the Peter Pan mental imagery, nice. :)

Mickie Ann said...

I love it!! When we use to live in Rexburg (when I was 5-8 years old) We had one of those gas things in the backyard - I use to take the umbrella and jump off, just hoping I would fly like Mary Popins!! Some day I will fly like her - you too Avery!! :)