Tuesday, July 19, 2011

course angels


My amazing friend Livi sent me a link to this video after reading this post and I just had to share. Mostly because it has an amazing message, but also because I would love for someone out there to tell me that I am not the only one who bawled through it.
I love Sister Dalton's message and believe it with all of my heart. A good friend of mine, Camie, taught me as I was training for my triathlon about "Course Angels". She described them as people and circumstances that would help me to cross the finish line, and she promised me that if I looked closely enough I would be able to see the hand of God in my course. She was right, and I have tried to apply that knowledge and advice in my daily life. After all, the Lord did promise us this help. He said, "I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up." Our Heavenly Father is over all, and he usually helps us through other people put in our path to make the burdens we each carry easier.