i have been tagged a couple of times in the last month (this is new to me but somehow reminds me of those chain emails i loved filling out in junior high... haha) and i have been slow to respond. sorry about that. so i am going to get them out of the way in one fell swoop. thanks britt and brooke! so... here it goes. first i need to write 5 things people don't know about me or my family. then it's husband tag. enjoy!
1. my best friend my senior year of high school was my teacher and soccer coach, mr. draa (i know i'm a loser, but, trust me, draa is the coolest). he came to dinner at my house the night of my graduation, and we still hang out whenever i go home. TACO NIGHT!!
2. klayton loves to flex in the mirror. he will so kill me for posting that, but there you have it.
3. i had a notebook that i kept with some girlfriends freshman year of high school that contained illicit cosmo articles and basically anything we could find out about... well... stuff that we shouldn't have been interested in. now i'm the prude amongst my siblings because i won't watch R rated movies and i rent everything (even PG movies) through CleanFlix. go figure!
4. a few days before klayton proposed to me i went into his room while he was at work, found the ring he bought me, looked at it, tried it on, and put it back. when he proposed i acted all shocked like i had never seen it before and wasn't expecting him to propose. i don't even think he knows about that. :) whoops.
5. klayton dyes his hair blond bi-weekly. ...JUST KIDDING! if one more person asks me what his NATURAL hair color is i'll vomit. what is this, the early 90's? no dudes bleach their hair anymore. i think his facial hair confuses people - it's totally dark. anyway, he's a blond. make a joke about how dumb he is. call him an airhead. use a valley-girl voice when you talk to him. get over it. :)
tag #2 (let's call it TV tag. wasn't that game the coolest?)
What is his name? klayton amos tietjen (yes, amos... as in famous...)
How long have you been married? about 3 and a half years
How long did you date? less than three months (i turned red as i typed that)
How old is he? 25
Who eats more? klayton... unless there is chocolate or peanut butter involved. a combination of the two of those is deadly in my hands.
Who said "I love you" first? klayton... in his oldsmobile... *sigh* the romance. haha
Who is taller? klayton
Who sings better? klayton by a long shot. he is a great singer and a faithful church choir attendee
Who is smarter? hmmm... in business, language, history, zoology, guitarology, etc it's klayton. i think i take him in english, literature, home ec, math and celebrity knowledge.
Whose temper is worse? yipes... mine i guess.
Who does the laundry? i do! yay!
Who does the dishes? klayton did them once upon a time when we both worked full time and didn't have a dish washer. now i do them gladly. i love taking care of our home!
Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? klayton. i used to. then i got pregnant. all of that left-side-sleeping i was supposed to be doing, combined with the vomiting at the drop of a hat, made lying on my left side to face klayton while he breathed on me in the middle of the night not smart.
Who pays the bills? klayton, though i am slowly usurping that power so i can work more shoe-buying into the budget.
Who mows the lawn? what lawn?
Who cooks dinner? me! just try to stop me. cooking is my passion!
Who drives when you are together? klayton, but i do a lot of backseat driving... my poor hubby
Who is more stubborn? hmmm... depends. we both can be... but klayton is a saint and can't resist me or avery. he gives in if i press enough. muahahahaha
Who is the first to admit when they are wrong? both. klayton is better at patching up arguments, though i'm working on it.
Whose parents do you see the most? klayton's, though not by much even though his live 20 minutes away and mine live 12 hours away!
Who proposed? klayton
Who has more friends? well... klayton has a few friends that he's had since kindergarten, so he's great with long-term friends. we both make friends really easily, but i'm a crappy keep-in-touch-er. i suck on the phone. but i'm working on it!
Who has more siblings? klayton by 1! he has 2 brothers and 3 sisters. i have three brothers and one beautiful sister.
Who wears the pants in the family? umm i'm sorry, are we on the donna reed show? geez. i'm wearing pajama pants. klayton's wearing slacks. does that say something about our couple dynamics?
oh holy crap. this is the longest post ever. sorry. i now tag livi, jane, brooke and bethany for the 5 interesting facts thing. i tag katelyn, britt hartley, and melissa for the husband questionnare thing. have fun!