Thursday, August 25, 2011

a totally innocent Hungarian

Yesterday my nieces started school again, and it has instantly turned summer to fall in my mind somehow, despite the sunny weather outside. And that means it's a new year!! You know, since autumn is my time to make resolutions and start new on old goals. It is also my time to dust off You've Got Mail. So between that, this post from my friend Kristine (whose blog makes me wish I could be this creative and fabulous), and my goal for this year of being a better friend, I decided to celebrate back to school with my SIL yesterday in Rexburg. And I brought gifts! Back to school time is a really hard time for Mandy. She loves having the kids around all summer. What a great mom, right!? So I've been thinking about her a lot and knew she'd appreciate this...
I walked in the door and said, "Don't you love [Idaho] in the Fall? It makes me want to buy school supplies. I would send you a bouquet of newly-sharpened pencils, if I knew your name and address." Yep. You've Got Mail quotes. And she loved it.
Mandy gets me like that.
I also brought my nieces, nephew and Avery a little back to school treat...which I didn't get a great picture of, but that's okay. It was just some yummy animal crackers, organic milk boxes (strawberry for the girls, chocolate for Milo), a pencil, and a little notebook. They gobbled everything up when they got home from school (Milo and Avery ate theirs as mid-morning snacks) and I got to hear all about their first days, their teachers, their bike route, etc. As well as hang with Mandy and watch Housesitter (a 90's classic).
In other words, it was a lovely day spent with some of my favorite people.
Happy Back to School!

1 comment:

Kristine said...

gosh. make me blush. you're sweet!

what a darling aunt / sis in law you are! must have made their day!!!