Saturday, January 5, 2008

top 5 days of 2007 in pictures

the past year has been a whirlwind. the past few months whenever i have spoken of the year 2007 in general i have pretty much deemed it one long suck-fest. but when i took the time to actually look back on my year, it has been a huge year of firsts, and one of the best years of my life. i apologize to anyone that i have verbally crapped on 2007 to. yes, i had my struggles, but i have never seen the hand of the Lord in my life more. i am so blessed, and as i looked at my family photos this year i felt the need to count my blessings and thank my Father in heaven for my wonderful husband, our beautiful little girl and our family and friends that mean so much to us. and in that vein i would like to share with you the greatest moments of my past year. enjoy!


#1 - Meeting my baby

two days in the Rexburg hospital, two days on bed rest, a trip back to the hospital, an ambulance ride, a plane ride to Salt Lake, another ambulance ride and a few hours in pain and surgery (not to mention tens of thousands of dollars) later my little Avery was born 2 lbs 1 oz and twelve weeks early. this makes both the top 3 best moments of my life as well as the top 3 scariest moments of my life. now at 7 1/2 months old she is already the strongest person i know and has enriched my life in countless ways. i call that money well spent.


#2 - Pumpkin Patch Fun
this was just one of those perfect days that has turned into a perfect memory that i will treasure. it was beginning to get cold outside, the leaves were falling off of the trees, the holidays were approaching, and we got to go to the big red barn pumpkin patch with our little baby for the first time. klayton's family joined us on this outing and i got to sit back and enjoy hot cider, my nieces and nephews, and some Halloween (my favorite holiday!) fun. this day also included a trip to the Farmer's Market, the Library and an evening with a good friend (hi Maria!!) shopping and watching movies. life doesn't get much better than this.


#3 - Halloween!

my favorite holiday, my first time dressing up my kid (the littlest mermaid!) and taking her trick or treating with her cousins! so fun. we went to my old workplace first, Melaleuca. they spend tons on decorations and candy every year and make their entire office a trick or treat path for kids young and old. then we went up to rexburg for some good old fashioned freeze your buns off door knocking. klayton and i dressed up as our favorite couple from our favorite movie, rocky and adrian (not pictured).



#4 - Surprise!!!
my love of surprising my husband is rivaled only by my love of cooking and throwing parties, and on this occasion i got to do both! klayton turned 25 on October 25th and this is a snapshot from his party. i got three of his four best friends in the world to fly/drive in for the night, as well as my mom, klayton's family and many of our friends for the party and he was shocked (even elmo made an appearance... apparently...). klayton went through some rough times this fall with his restaurant closing, but i hope that he will remember this day when all of his friends and family came to tell him how much they love him. he is an amazing person and an especially amazing husband and father and i love him so much! plus also i got to plan a menu and make a ton of food! such a great day.

#5 - Blessed
getting avery blessed in las vegas was a great day. klayton's parents came down as well as mandy and her family (which was a total surprise and so fun). my mom threw a little party at her house afterward and i got to see many of my family and friends. avery is perfect and beautiful and having her properly blessed helped me remember all of the blessings that she had been given up to then, and how Heavenly Father had heard our prayers and watched out for our baby, and just the blessing that being Avery's mom is to me.

No comments: