Wednesday, January 26, 2011

dough nut

I made my very first pizza dough on Monday! It was super easy and so delicious PLUS I got an awesome confidence boost because I made something with yeast without my bread machine that wasn't an abject failure! Definitely a first. Check it out.I got the recipe here after seeing it on Jane's blog! I'm a copy cat for sure, but the internet is so evil! I get cravings for things that I have never seen before and find myself having to make them THAT INSTANT. Like this little beauty, for instance. I am dying to make it. DYING.

Anyway, here is the finished product. It is definitely going to be a summer staple. Light and lemony and crispy and cheesy and delicious! Yum. I made a little salad to go with the pizza with red onions and pears and pistachios and a balsamic vinaigrette. Best dinner ever.
Well, it will be until I make this crust again, this time with gorgonzola cheese, prosciutto, pears and an arugula salad on top, a la Sammy's Wood-fired Pizza. Mmmmmmmmmmm

2 comments:

Katie said...

dear mandy,
stop it. you're making me hungry. and i just ate lunch. and i'm stealing this. love, K.

Jane said...

woo hoo!!! go girl! that pizza is such a genius combination. i'm proud of you.