Monday, January 18, 2010

you're welcome, posterity

Must. Record. This. Adorableness.

The other day Avery put on some of her new princess dress up clothes, turned to me, and said "Mommy! I getting married!!" I laughed (and died a little inside, too. Dear Avery, please never grow up. Love, Mommy) and when I asked her who she was marrying, she thought about it for a minute and then said, "I marrying the merry-go-round!"

Last night Avery awoke crying in the middle of the night (I slept through it, but apparently it was the screaming-at-the-top-of-your-lungs-because-there-is-an-axe-murderer-in-your-room kind of crying), so K ran in there and gave her hugs and asked her what was wrong. When she caught her breath she said, "I see scary tiger." He got her calmed down and put back to sleep. This morning, oblivious to the hysterics last night, I went to get her out of bed, the first thing she did was to look up at the ceiling in her room and say, "Oh, there's no more scary tiger balloon!!" rather joyously. Must have been some nightmare!

I. Love. This. Kid.

No comments: