Sunday, January 10, 2010

hit the polls

Check out the poll on the left side of our blog. We are finding out the sex of the soon-to-be newest member of our family on January 20th and we want to know what you think we're having!! Klayton is convinced it's a boy. Me? Not so much. You never know!

I can't help but compare this pregnancy to my first and wonder how this one will turn out. With Avery at this point I had no idea that I was going to skip my entire third trimester, spending almost all of that time living in the Ronald McDonald house in SLC while my baby was in the NICU. *Pic of Avery's first day home. She was about 4 pounds (a huge improvement from 2 pounds at birth), on oxygen and an oximeter, and she was (and is) absolutely perfect.*Although I am really intimidated by the idea of a super uncomfortable third tri and going into labor and all of that stuff (Hey, you would be too! I'm already a mom and everyone expects you to be a pro by kid #2- I have no idea what any of that stuff is like and it's scary!), I really really really really really hope I get the chance to experience it all. The doc has given me about a 30% chance of repeating the whole preeclampsia, early delivery mess, so we'll see, but I'm taking really good care of myself and trying to get lots of extra rest and pretty much just be a big baby about this pregnancy to give this baby the best chance of going to term. After all, Avery is the biggest miracle I have ever witnessed, and how many of those can a girl expect to experience in one lifetime!? Thanks for your well-wishes and prayers and let the voting begin!

3 comments:

Melissa Braegger said...

So glad things are going well and you will do great in the 3rd trimester-it prepares you for being up till 2 and then being uncomfortable-totally worth it though:)

Kyrsten said...

so it never gets not scary especially when you have NICU babies. I had pre eclampsia with Blake and he was born at 33 weeks, I know nothing compared to avery, but still mucho stinko, but with lexi I went to 36 weeks and no NICU, so you never know, with this one Im hoping for 36 weeks one more time! But its always scary and nobody really knows what they are doing, if they tell you they do they are a liar.

Meagan @ Meagan Tells All said...

I hope you make it all the way until your water breaks! It's the weirdest/most exciting moment ever! Constant pee running down your leg...AWESOME! lol.

No, but on a seriously note, Avery is perfect and she IS a miracle. All babies are miracles and thank goodness we live in a time where we have great doctors and machines to take care of the babies who decide to come early!

Good luck and I'm totally calling a GIRL. I hope we have a girl next because we have wayyyyyyy too much pink. We need to get more use out of these clothes!