Tuesday, March 15, 2011

aww nuts

Avery's favorite thing to say when she is disappointed is "Awww Nuts!!" She picked up this expression from her daddy, of course.
I would complain, except she has picked up "Oh my goodness!" as well as "Geez Louise!" from me. So, yeah. We're even. Speaking of nuts, I have made Smitten Kitchen's Peanutella Recipe twice now, as well as one from the LA Times that was just plain old Nutella (make no mistake: there was nothing plain about either one!) and I am hooked! This will definitely be a staple in our house from now on. It goes on fresh strawberries, toast, and even in K's protein shakes. It's easy. It's cheap. It's delicious. It has no artificial garbage in it. It makes my house smell delicious. And, finally, anything that I get to seal up in a cute little jar is on my nice list.

1 comment:

Jane said...

stop this business. this looks/sounds absolutely delicious. i'm craving it on a piece of toast right this minute. I'll have to give it a try. keep posting all your kitchen adventures.