Wednesday, January 2, 2013

comfort and joy

 Our Christmas at the Cabin was white and wonderful and filled with moments and memories that we will hold on to forever! I hope that your Christmas was the same.
Some of my favorite yearly Cabin Christmas traditions: 
  • Chopping down the Christmas tree
  • The Christmas Eve visit from Santa
  • Avery and I making sugar cookies and decorating them with all of the kids
  • My dad reading the Christmas Story from the Bible on Christmas Eve
  • Watching A Christmas Story after the kids have gone to bed
  • Seeing a movie in the (completely teensy and CROWDED) St. George theater (Les Miserables this year- indescribably amazing!)
  • Pine Valley Christmas Sacrament Meeting - always consists of ten Christmas songs and the reading of the Christmas story by members of the congregation. So perfect
  • Waiting at the top of the stairs on Christmas Morning until all video cameras are turned on and ready to capture the present stampede
  • The after presents/big breakfast Christmas nap

This year came with a few special moments that I hope will become tradition in years to come! 
Things like: 
  • The adults telling stories and sharing memories of childhood and past Christmases while we set up presents on Christmas Eve after the kids are in bed
  •  Staying up late in Great Grandma's room chatting and telling stories
  • Helping the girls wrap the presents that they got each other with extra bows and tags
  • Making and eating this sauce on these potatoes along with a Christmas Ham on Christmas Eve. Mmmmmm
  • Decorating a Gingerbread House with all of the kiddos
Having children around at Christmas is the best reminder of the wonder and excitement of this time of year, and especially of the message of the Savior of the World. What a wonderful opportunity to reflect on Him each year.
The three grand-kids on the sled, hunting for the perfect tree.

 Choppers of wood.

I love this face.

My sister and nephew are gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous.

 If cutting down the Christmas tree is wrong, they don't want to be right.

Uncle Spencer (Unkapensa, according to Carter) is the coolest.
 
Two cute boys. Can you believe Giles' eyes?!



 Decorating a gingerbread house (train) with toddlers is not for the weak of stomach.
Santa Claus came to town!

 Looking for Santa/Christmas Morning Mayhem

Decorating Christmas Cookies!

Avery's letter to Santa. Melts my heart. It reads: I love you Santa. I love Mrs. Claus, too. I hope you like my cookies. Love, Avery.
I hope all your days were merry and bright this holiday!

2 comments:

Katie said...

ohhhhh. this made my day. thanks, girl.

Jane said...

so fun to escape somewhere cozy with the whole family. looks absolutely perfect!