Tuesday, March 3, 2009

drop this

After a ton of trial and error, I believe that I have created a monster. Well, as far as my waist-line is concerned. Anyway- I think that I have the perfect drop cookie. This dough is versatile, delicious and easy. Try it out today!
Ingredients:
3 cups Flour (For the cookies pictured I used half white flour, half wheat flour. I also have done 2 c. Flour, 1 c. oatmeal before, which is good too.)
1 1/2 tsp. Course salt (trust me- don't use that crap iodized salt with the umbrella girl on the front- use good, grainy Kosher salt or something like it. When you get that teeny salty-meets-sweet bite in your cookies you'll thank me.)
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1 c. Brown Sugar, packed
1/2 c. Sugar
1 c. (2 sticks) Butter, room temperature
2 eggs
1 tsp. Vanilla
2 cups Add-ins (I usually do 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips, 1/2 cup chopped walnuts [pictured], but you can do anything- Craisins, raisins, other dried fruit, nuts, etc.)
Preheat oven to 350.
In a medium-sized bowl combine flour, salt and baking soda with a whisk. Set aside.
In mixer-bowl (with paddle attachment if you have it) combine butter and sugars until light in color and texture (1-2 minutes on medium speed). Add eggs one at a time, mixing thoroughly after each addition. Add vanilla. Be sure to keep the bowl scraped down.
On low speed, add flour mixture in three separate additions, mix until just combined after each addition. Mix in add-ins.
[Here's where I try to keep my cookie consumption in check] Prep two cookie sheets- one with wax paper, one with aluminum foil (for easy clean up). With a little scooper guy (yes, that is a technical term), on the aluminum foil sheet scoop out cookies and bake for 8-11 minutes (keep an eye on your cookies toward the end- I like mine super soft so I go 8 or 9, but if you like a little crunch... well, you get the idea).
On the wax paper lined sheet scoop out the rest of your dough. Put sheet in the freezer for at least an hour, then bag your cookie dough balls in a freezer bag and use at your will (this means you can have a cookie or two every day for a week with one batch of dough!). When baking frozen dough just add a minute or two to the cooking time.
Enjoy!




5 comments:

Meagan @ Meagan Tells All said...

those look yummy!!!!

I'm no baker, but you're making me want to become one!

The Waldon Family said...

Woah, those look good! I'm so excited to make them, the recipe and pics look so good. Nice work Mandy!!

Kristine said...

thanks for sharing! man i love cookies. and i love freezing the dough...makes them last longer!

Melissa Braegger said...

Oh Mandy those look so great and of course I'm going to have to try your recipe-right:) Are you going to the beach this summer? I think that might be the next time we see eachother. I love and miss you and I cannot believe how big and beautiful Avery has got. I still picture her as this little cute bundle-not anymore:)

Pistolmom said...

www.mytitleofliberty.blogspot.com
LDS view
www.freedoms-fight.blogspot.com